It can be difficult to talk about problems such as incontinence or vaginal bulges, even with a doctor. But doctors are used to talking about these problems, and it is worth asking about your symptoms because they can most likely be treated. Here are some tips to get the conversation started.
What should I tell my doctor?
1. My last pelvic exam was _______ (days, weeks, months, years) ago.
2. I have _____ child(ren) and delivered ______ (vaginally/by cesarean section).
3. I'm having some or all of the following symptoms:
4. My symptoms started _____ (days, weeks, months, years) ago.
5. I have these symptoms ______ (daily, a few times a week, sometimes, etc.).
6. I want to find ways to treat or cure these symptoms.
Be sure to tell your doctor about any medicines you are taking and any allergies you may have.